Our Little Angel

Our Little Angel
Nadia the Beautiful

4.18.2011

Hope

Sitting here, listening to the IV machine beeping, as my beautiful Nadia sleeps so peacefully, I am filled with more emotions than my mind can contain. So wonderful, so funny, so sassy, and so sick. She hardly notices and seems annoyed at others who are sad. At three years old she understands that life is meant to be lived. God holds her so close.
We were blessed to have found out so quickly. Wednesday, April 13th, her dentist, of all people, said we should see the doctor and get the blood work done. Our doctor agreed and by Friday evening we were admitted into the Children's Hospital. Wow! This place is awesome! Ed and I were so hopeful that the test would come back negative. We were so sure that with all the prayers for Nadia's healing that God would surely spare her from this pain. At the same time, we knew that if it was positive, that meant God has a HUGE plan for her.
It feels unreal to even say it out loud, my baby has cancer. Even typing it makes me cry. Oh how great heaven will be, but the things of this earth can be gut-wrenching. I never, ever thought that I would be able to say that "I understand" when someone mentions their child has cancer. Yet, thousands of parents say it every day.
The pain that our baby will endure, as her tiny body is forced to kill her cancer and then attempt to flush it out, is something I PRAY SO HARD to be lifted from her. I know she has to walk this path, but Jesus, PLEASE spare her the pain. Give it to me, ten fold, and I will gladly bare it all!
Everything comes down to hope. Hope in God's will to be done, Hope that the journey will bring glory to God, and Hope that Nadia will live through this to tell an amazing story that brings others to Christ. If not that, then it's not worth it. We love you sweet baby, our Nadia Camille. 

Always By Your Side,
Mama

16 comments:

  1. Her smile is so inspiring. If you need anything, you know how to reach us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nadia will have a beautiful story to tell! You and Eddie set a great example of hope and faith. You all will be in my families prayers!!
    God Bless,
    Celi Olson

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did really good at not crying until I seen this jeanie. It is an awesome idea!! thanks so much for taking the time to do this. I love you guys soooo very much!!
    Talk to you soon.
    kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our thoughts and prayers are with Nadia and your whole family. God Bless You. Stan, Melissa, Joe and Chelsey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeanie,

    I don't know what to say after reading that (I know - me without something to say), except that we love you guys so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't even begin to imagine what you and Eddie must be
    going through. Nadia is beautiful and smart, she will
    have an amazing story. It breaks my heart to see any child
    Have to go through something like this. By reading
    Your words and looking at her being brave and strong
    brings many tears to my eyes. I will be praying for
    Her everyday. If you need anything please don't hesitate
    To ask. We love you.
    Jada

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for taking the time to write down your feelings. I know exactly what you are going through. It doesn't matter what age you are when you have cancer, its hard. God must have big plans for her. PCH is awesome you are in good hands there. Dr. Etzl and Dr. Woods are still there from when I had cancer. They are all great. I wish your daughter fast healing. Let me know if you need ANYTHING! Or just to talk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nadia is a flower of Hope. So brave! so strong! Jeannie and Eddie, you two can go through this with God's help! You have Him dwelling in you! Thank you for this...Our tears and prayers go up to God. Thank you for your faith...There is nothing in this world quite like the HOPE that dwells in the heart...We have GREAT HOPE! May we serve you all in any way through this difficulty. Asking for God to embrace all of you in his arms. OUR GOD IS GREATER! OUR GOD IS STRONGER! GOD YOU ARE HIGHER THAN ANY OTHER! OUR GOD IS HEALER! AWESOME IN POWER! OUR GOD! OUR GOD! OUR GOD!

    :)(: Adrian, Jesenia, Anaya and Ivelisse...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jeanie, your love for your daughter our Lord is amazing and I'm so proud of your outlook. You already know that God has your entire family wrapped in His arms and He is with you during this.

    We love you all dearly and please let us know if there is ANYTHING we can do. We will be praying daily for God's beautiful daughter, Nadia.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eddie & Jeanie,

    As I sit here in my classroom looking at my little kid-o's I think about how imporatant it is to make an impact on the next generation, and how the next generation makes such a huge impact on us! It was just a few months ago I celebrated getting my first "NADIA HUG!" It was so special to me...I know GOD has given her plenty of spirit and energy to not only FIGHT but to BEAT this cancer. I am constantly praying, and I hope that I can share this story with others, especially the message of not wasting a moment with a loved one. You guys keep up the hope GOD is holding your whole family...

    Please let me know if there is anything I can do, including some fun activities at the hospital with Nadia! Love you guys...

    Jammie Mays

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi--I'm a friend of Mike and Angie Bullock's. Mike let us know what you're going through so that we could pray for you too. I had ALL when I was 8 years old, (now 32yrs old) so it is very personal for me to be able to pray for you. Also, I want to let you know that I went through chemo and radiation and I have NO effects from it-and that took place 24 years ago-there have been lots of medical advances since then! Now, I'm a nurse and I think that happened because of my experiences as a patient. God definitely has a plan in all of this for her and for you. I will be praying for you guys. If I can do anything or answer any questions for you, please don't hesitate to ask!
    Brianne Sinna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Constant prayers going out for you all. Let me know if I can be of any help with watching Faith or anything else you need. Thanks for starting this blog to keep us posted.
    Love,
    Jim, Sheri and Jazmin Pattison

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our prayers join yours. We know Abba Father is holding all of you close in His arms. Keep your eyes on Him. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm going to link your blog to mine, and ask my many friend, family & cyber-buddies to pray for your entire family, especially that adorable baby girl! So sorry you're facing so great a trial. Huge hug to you & Eddie! Kathleen Flanagan

    ReplyDelete
  15. I came over to read your blog after Kathleen wrote about your Nadia. I follow her Sassy Granny blog and I live in Arizona. I teach 19 little three year olds and I can't imagine one of them having cancer. My heart is heavy for you as you go through this time. The Lord will give you His strength to navigate these waters that I'm sure you wished you never had to do. I will be praying for you.

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love you Nadia! I am so happy you are doing so well!!! xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete